Saturday, November 24, 2007

Southland Tales

First of all, I want to give a heartfelt thanks (and hugs) to Ata and Rocky Johnson for producing such a fine specimen, their son Dwayne Johnson (The Rock - and he rocks). I have a thing for Dwayne (can't you tell?) to the point that I would go see whatever movie he's in, regardless of whether it's a Disney movie - The Game Plan - or an obscure movie like Southland Tales. I can predict that ST will follow the path of Donnie Darko, but I have to admit that I wasn't too impressed with Dwayne's acting. I blame the director, I'm sure D was only doing what they told him to. And besides, I only went to see the movie so I could see him on a big screen......I wasn't really concentrating on the dialogue, really. I drove about 20 miles to the only movie theater in Phoenix showing this movie, just to see him......I know, I know..........I can't be helped. And that smile of his! He should be doing Orbitz commercials, because when he flashes those pearly whites I go blind! I wonder if he needs a personal assistant......D, call me!! I'm available.....sort of....

No comments: