Thursday, August 09, 2007

You Know You've Hit a Milestone When.....

.....your doctor tells you that you need more fiber in your diet and recommends pills. I have to admit I'm a bit traumatized by the visit - when you see these fiber commercials, the people they feature don't look anything like you (or maybe my delusional mind tells me so). All I know is that of late, every time I visit the doctor I go home feeling older, depressed and wondering when did I get here? I have to admit that my doctor is very smart, she practically told me I'm old and decrepit and convinced me to get more fiber in my diet by telling me that another patient of hers lost about 30 pound by simply adding fiber to his diet, not changing anything else........that's all a woman needs to hear in order to give anything a try! Very slick, doctor! It took me about 5 hours to realize that I had just agreed to take fiber and that it pretty much means I'm not as young as I used to be. I'm just waiting for those dreaded words that I'm sure are coming soon...."have you had a colonoscopy yet?".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fiber eh? Well at least she didn't suggest you go on a 'cleanse'. That's a bitch to do. :p