Monday, May 21, 2007

Cupcakes!


Don't know when it happened........perhaps when I saw the Bobby Flay Cupcakes throwdown, but by the end of the episode I had 4 or 5 unique - or so I think - cupcakes recipes. Introducing Tres Leches Cupcakes!! I'm sure I could do a better job with the aesthetics, but the idea is pretty good, or so I think, and this first batch tastes good too!

This is my second foray into cupcakes........last week's "specimen" is worth not mentioning, a disaster as far as I'm concerned. Execution was all wrong, although people were impressed with the use of my "not-so-secret" ingredients. The meringue topping was all wrong though.....good thing I discovered Meringue Powder this week, because you see, I insist that all my cupcakes be dressed in Meringue because that's what I remember growing up with, so there! Anyway......I think a new career is being born here! Maybe the psychic was not wrong after all when she predicted that I would be working in the food industry - notion I dismissed right away, right after I started wondering why I was paying this person to tell me nonsense. We'll see where this takes me! Next week, Rum Cupcakes!!

No comments: