Saturday, December 02, 2006

Thanksgiving Trip - Part One "The Departure"

This is going to be a long one, so I'll separate it in segments to make it easier to read. I've already written about my ordeal coming back from New Jersey. Today I'll give you the story on how it all started.

I should have known from the start that the forces of the universe had it in for me, I should have known. It all started inocently enough; I didn't go to bed because I had to get up at 3am, leave the house by 4:30am in order to park my car at work - safe location - and wait for the cab who would pick me up at 5am and take me to the airport. Flight was leaving at 7:30am, so it left me plenty of time in case anything went wrong, which of course, it did. All went according to plan until I got to the airport; during the cab ride I was kind-of car sick and concentrating so much on not throwing up in the cab that I didn't realize I had left my carry-on bag behind when I got out. This is the bag with gifts and the most important thing of all, my digital camera. Let me pause here to make those of you understand the seriousness of the situation. Those who know me know how attached to my camera I was, it was the third in line - 1. the car, 2. the laptop, 3. the camera, 4. the cell phone, and 5. the palm pilot. When I realized what had happened, about 10 minutes later, it was already too late because according to the cab company, 1. they would not search the cab while a passenger was using it, 2. nothing was found once the passenger got out - I hope whoever has my camera enjoys it well - also hope they trip, fall and break something while using it. Yes, mean spirited, I know! This whole camera situation marred my whole holiday because I had to use one of those disposable cameras to take pictures - no zooming, no review and delete, no instant gratification! Thanks a lot pal! Materialistic? yes, I know, but cut me some slack here........I'm still mourning my loss.

No comments: